Old June 25th 05, 02:29 PM

Default Performance brand tube failures

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
Anyone been having trouble with Performance Brand tubes failing at the
valve stem?

No but my current batch of 2.25" MTB tubes is so old that it probably doesn't
mean much - bad batches and all that.

Only negative I seen w/Performance tubes is that so many of them have such long
valve stems. Probably not a physical problem - just looks kind of weird.
--
PeteCresswell

Long valve stems MIGHT be part of the problem if you don't have deep
wheels. So much of the valve stem protrudes from the wheel that it
makes a pretty long lever that you attach the pump to. If you use a
hand pump, the rocking back and forth might weaken an already poorly
joined valve stem.