Old November 21st 15, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Pavement cyclist in hit and run

Judith Owen, 59, was coming out of Mr Chips in Rosliston Road, Burton,
when a man cycling on the pavement without lights on his bike collided
with her.

Ms Owen, who suffers from the brittle bone condition osteoporosis, was
knocked over and broke her hip – but the rider did not stop.

The owner of the chip shop called an ambulance and Ms Owen was taken to
Burton's Queen's Hospital where she underwent surgery to have a metal
plate and pin fitted in her hip.

Ms Owen, of Sandalwood Road, Stapenhill, said: "I have never, ever,
experienced pain like it.

"My confidence has been knocked now too and the idea of going outside
absolutely fills me with fear.

Ms Owen has been left reliant on crutches and a walking frame, and her
injuries will take several months to heal.

She is now appealing for anyone who knows the cyclist to come forward
and contact the police.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Woman-59...ail/story.html