Old June 25th 04, 09:57 PM
Tony Raven

Default general buying advice please

David wrote:

I live in the Bournemouth area. I did look in a couple today actually. One
(Bike Lab) didn't seem to stock anything below £500, and one in the local
mall had some, but the only non-suspension mountain bike in stock was a
basic Raleigh that I didn't really like the look of. But the assistant did
give good advice and steered me away from suspension bikes having told her
my use for the bike. A stark difference from Halfords advice that was
basically "biggest price tag".

I'm on holiday from tomorrow, but I'll certainly be looking deeper when I
get back.

Have a look in Primera in Charminster - see if they will cut you a deal on a
Specialized Hardrock rigid which lists at £249 and is a classic entry level
bike.
http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk...pe=bike&ID=103

Tony