Old December 15th 05, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default general question about bicycle specs

Thank you for those suggestions. I guess I'm looking for a starting
point in looking at other bicycles. Those 2 will be a great place to
start looking at and comparing. Like I've said I'm clueless to what is
out there these days, I've been far away from any cycling for 6 years
and haven't even looked at a LBS. I'll get the phone book out and see
what LBS's are in this area where I now live.

wade

Tim McNamara wrote:
wade writes:

I am curious what others think about a good all-round bicycle for
touring.

snip

If I decide to get a replacement, I'm wondering what is currently
available and what I should be looking for?

Well, if you like that bike I'd say keep it! However, if I was
looking for a loaded touring bike, I'd look at the Bruce Gordon BLT.
I don't think there's a better deal in "real" touring bikes.

http://www.bgcycles.com/blt.html

And if you wanted to spend money, then a Bruce Gordon custom...

Another good alternatve might be the Rivendell Atlantis:

http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/htm...tisframes.html