Old January 12th 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New Carbon Fiber Information

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 2:16:39 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/11/2017 2:30 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 8:16:29 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
I recall well the wise words of my then-roommate Rich
Hammen, writing in his Competitive Cycling column under the
pseudonym 'Ask Captain America':
Q = Should I train spinning small gears or pushing big gears?
A = To win, you need to spin big gears.

--
Andrew Muzi

I am always amazed when I see pro riding on TV. It shows them going along on the flat at 32-33 mph. I don't hit those speeds going down hill pedaling as hard as I can. I don't think I have ever hit those speeds on the flat even with a very strong tailwind.

Well, I _used_ to be able to top 30 mph in a sprint. But that was a
long time ago.

And the older I get, the faster I was. ;-)

Beating stop lights I can get up to a little over 30 and then can't spin any faster. I bought a 53 tooth but haven't put it on yet.