Old March 20th 05, 01:16 PM
Tom Sherman

Bill H. wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:

Obviously it got to do with SAFETY. Would you push an 11 year old

child

with a bike into the mean streets of America? Sounds to me like
throwing a sardine into a tank full of sharks.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but when I was about nine or so I
started riding a bike to school just about every day, as long as it
wasn't snowy or raining. And yes, this was on the "mean streets" of
America. I wasn't kidnapped or hit by a car, either....

I rode my Peugeot P-8 to school every day during junior high school, and
this was in Wisconsin where it did get cold and snow quite a bit in the
winter. That bike rode and handled very well, especially considering it
was about the least expensive "LBS quality" bike available at the time.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)