Old July 21st 11, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

Default Unlawful Detention

Today, when cycling, I came to a vehicle-activated set of lights which
was on red. It didn't detect me on my bike and so stayed red, for a
good 3 minutes, until a car came up behind me and activated the lights
and they mercifully went green at last.

According to one of the more knowledgeable and respected posters in this
group, I was unlawfully detained by the council for that 3 minutes. How
do I go about reporting this very serious crime? Presumably the person
who falsely detained me can expect jail (a taste of his/her own
medicine), and I will be in line for compensation?

When I think about what I could have done with that wasted 3 minutes of
my life, and what a changed man I was when I emerged from the dank,
hellish prison which was my adopted home for all that time, I firmly
believe that I will never be the same again after that horrific,
nightmarish and neverending experience (which I wouldn't wish upon my
worst enemy). Please, denizens of URC, help me, a poor, persecuted
cyclist, the likes of whom is regularly discussed and sympathised with
in this newsgroup, obtain adequate redress for the wicked and terrible
injustice which has been so callously inflicted upon me.