Old July 21st 11, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Unlawful Detention

On 21 Jul 2011 18:06:43 GMT, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

Nuxx Bar wrote:

Today, when cycling, I came to a vehicle-activated set of lights which
was on red. It didn't detect me on my bike and so stayed red, for a
good 3 minutes, until a car came up behind me and activated the lights
and they mercifully went green at last.

According to one of the more knowledgeable and respected posters in
this group, I was unlawfully detained by the council for that 3
minutes.

I can't remember anyone saying that at all, perhaps you have a link to
prove it ...

If Traffic Lights are not working, then you can telephone the police for
permission to procede.
If this is not forthcoming, then you can reports it as "unlawful detention".
(Anchor Lee)