Old August 9th 13, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Default Passed and Passed Fast

On 8/9/2013 11:11 AM, wrote:
On Friday, August 9, 2013 7:54:29 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Welcome back, Tom, nice to have you aboard once more.

Trouble is that while I was out of it I sold or gave away almost my entire bicycle collection. And all of my wardrobe and most of my tools! And now on Social Security I have to VERY slowly make it up. But it's nice to know that those cheaper bikes are every bit as good as the extremely high end stuff I used to have. Though the cost of components now is preposterous!

You can get a nice bike from Specialized (Tarmac or Roubaix) for less
than you'd think. The different ranges are basically the same frame
with more expensive components. If you can get along with a Shimano 105
you can get a nice bike for under $2000 that may be similar to the high
end stuff that you used to have. If it's not, you can move up by models
from the Elite to the Pro or a Venge.