Old October 10th 11, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

Default dunlop

tomasso wrote:
Phil H wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:31 am, "tomasso" wrote:

Council seems to be doing a bit of recycling down in Bay St. Probably a good thing.

Do they collect the wrecks off the street?

And what about that hideous purple bike chained to a tree in front of
the Lord Wolsley? It was there for months. I was surprised it lasted
as long as it did. (Mental note: nobody steals purple bikes.)

No, they collect bikes from the dump, if cleant them up not too bad, and put
a sign on it with a phone number (and a modest price), chained to a light post
outside the Council Depot on Bay St. That's a form of recycling. Someone
probably makes a few bucks a week.

Don't know if council remove hideous orphan frames (like outside out local).

I can find out if it happens in the country. Brother works at one of the councils
(surveying and designing cycle paths - somewhat better than CBD, me thinks).

His comment is that a council would probably not take a chained up bike unless
there was some sign of abandonment and that being chained up would
probably be taken as a sign of ownership.

Secondly unless it was brought to the council's attention they would probably
not do anything. Similar situation for abandoned cars.

But this may vary from council to council...

T.