Old October 12th 11, 11:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC[_2_]

Default dunlop

On 2011-10-09, Phil H (aka Bruce)
On Oct 7, 1:17Â*pm, F Murtz wrote:

probably why it was thrown out, although it looks in good nick except
for rusty chain.

It could well have been thrown out *because* of the rusty chain. Given
the number of abandoned bikes chained to various objects around inner
Sydney, I can only surmise that mountain bikes are now so cheap that
they aren't worth anything once they get a bit ratty. Even thieves
don't want them.

In related news, apparently it's mostly "mountain bikes" that aren't
properly lit at night:

http://www.bv.com.au/general/bikes-and-riding/91803/

Hands up those who are surprised that cheap kmart "mountain bikes" are
ridden by fools who don't want to part with their $30 for a set of
lights?

--
TimC
[T]he claim that brits drink warm beer because we have Lucas