Old August 13th 17, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:22:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Joy, with all the racks and bags you carry Godzilla
couldn't lift your bike over a low fence.

Only one rack, and the whole bag of bags weighs approximately nothing.

I think I'll take the scale out to the garage.

Me: 167.4 pounds
Me plus bike: 210.0 pounds
Bike, with hat and gloves on handlebars: 42.6 pounds

I don't think the bottles were full. Each holds an Imperial pint --
there must be a story behind the American standard water bottle
holding an Imperial pint -- So the weight could be up to a pound and a
half more.

I could fit four gallons of milk into the panniers, and a gallon
weighs sixteen pounds, so in theory the bike could weigh more than a
hundred pounds. Probably did the time I carried a case of beer five
miles, but that was a different bike and a long time ago, and I never
did it again.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net