Old May 10th 05, 10:27 PM
David Martin

On 10/5/05 12:57 am, in article ,
"Steph Peters" wrote:

[2] we remain united in our "no we're not going to do the 100 miles
instead" position so ;-P

"me thinketh they protesteth too much ;-)" By the time it gets to the 100km
ride you'll be looking on it as a short amble around the lanes ;-)

I will admit that my idea of an amble has gone up. Looking at those nice
light evenings, and realising I'll be missing a weekend ride, my mind went
something along the lines of that 23 miler we did a few weeks back would
make a nice evening jaunt for a couple of nights to compensate. At the
present rate of progress we will reach 100km somewhat in advance of
September. Started in March at 13 miles, in May we're up to 44, so by
September it should be, oh hell, over 100!

I will admit, in moments of delusion, to planning out a route for riding to
the York rally at audax pace (faster than 15km/h overall). This has to be
complete madness because:

1. the furthest I have ridden this year is 110km.
2. I plan to ride a 240km ride two weeks beforehand and have done minimal
training (allotment and boat have taken up most of my spare time)
3. I would be doing it on the roadised MTB with camping gear
4. it is about 450km+
5. The prevailing wind is againsterly

Ho hum

...d