Old May 16th 18, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Bike to Work Day 2018

On 2018-05-11 09:02, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018 03:29:48 -0700, sms
wrote:

Apple had a huge spread, with bagels, pastries, fruit, quiche, juice,
coffee, tea, and energy bars.
Kaiser was much less elaborate with just coffee and cinnamon rolls. The
City of Santa Clara had Hobee's coffee cake.

No microbrews anywhere? :-)

I wonder how I could participate in a bike-to-work day with the commute
path consisting of a 20ft hallway. Maybe wheel in the road bike, give
the cranks one rotation and then proclaim that I dunnit. However, no
energizers stations.

I'd trade that for my 26-mile commute.

Become self-employed, then you can :-)

... I'm not sure which would be tougher:
climbing up 84 to Pigeon Pass, or the ride down Niles Canyon Rd at rush hour.

If you do that on a more or less daily basis, my hat goes off to you. I
know only one other cyclist who did that in the UK, rain or shine.

Or take the train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvHWYrSxC0

--
Regards, Joerg