Old November 8th 19, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Patent updates

On 11/7/2019 5:41 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 2:44:57 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/7/2019 4:30 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 11:31:54 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
We all pause to slap our foreheads.
WTF? These are patentable designs??

https://bikerumor.com/2019/11/04/pat...es-for-others/

I would wonder how you could ever thread a hose/outer cable through that much of a length of bike without an actual inside tube.

Depends on the frame and how much impedimenta is hidden
inside. On some, drop in wire or hose, catch it in one's
fingers through the big hole in front of the BB. For many,
neodymium magnets and a stiff poly wire are the quickest
solution. Others need something to pierce the swarf inside
like a 1/16" welding rod. Then there are the odd frames now
and again which just resist cable/hose installation for no
good reason and tick off the mechanic.

Typical tool:
https://jagwire.com/products/tools/i...l-routing-tool

If you're doing a bare frame, it's a PITA but not horrible. It is horrible if you're trying to snake a Di2 wire or hose or cable through a crowded DT into a little passage under the BB with existing cables/hoses/wires. And let's see what's behind door number one! https://tinyurl.com/yy9xwxwb This is the great time suck with modern bikes -- along with hidden nipples in pre-fab wheels and a few other annoyances.

-- Jay Beattie.

-- Jay Beattie.

We love Door #1! A finger fits in there.

annoyances
We miss engineeers. Once they were replaced by 'designers'
we were screwed.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/