Old May 4th 19, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default Biking shorts

AK wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 6:06:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 4:03:28 AM UTC-7, AK wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 10:42:32 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:31:36 PM UTC-4, AK wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 7:39:41 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/2/2019 6:16 PM, AK wrote:
I bought some Baleaf biking shorts with the expectation that it
would reduce glut pain. It did not help. ?

Andy

Have someone who knows something about riding position
critique your stem and saddle positions. Nothing wrong with
good cycling shorts, which are a good thing, but they can't
cover poor setup.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I will check my bike shop.

I use a wide gel seat.

Maybe I need a more narrow one?

See if http://bicyclinglife.com/PracticalCycling/Sore.htm helps.

- Frank Krygowski

Thanks Frank.

I have found that periodically "walking" my bike helps too.

I forgot to mention that I have a mountain bike.

Andy

The old fashion unsuspended MTB's were pretty awful since your position
is pretty upright and most of the weight goes on your bottom. But the
suspension of the later models greatly takes the stress off.

I try to ride upright because I thought that is better on my back.

Maybe I am mistaken. ?

Andy

When riding, your weight is carried on three points - your hands, your
feet, and your ass. Leaning forwards shifts your upper body weight off your
ass to your hands and pedaling harder shifts your lower body weight from
your ass to your feet. So if you want your ass not to hurt, ride a time
trial on a triathlon bike.