Old August 3rd 13, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message ...

Blackblade considered Wed, 31 Jul 2013
09:26:30 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

What motorcycles and bicycles have in common is that they are
both mechanical contrivances. That right there is enough to disqualify them from
my sacred trails.

By what logic ? Even if they are both ‘mechanical’ so is a tool. I am presuming you’re not so messianic as to ban all accoutrements ? People are toolmakers, it’s what put us at the top of the evolutionary tree. However, an unpowered and a powered tool are very different.

Secondarily, it’s not ‘your’ trail and you’ve not justified why mechanical contrivances should be banned.

And if they are, leave your hiking boots behind.

Hiking boots are no more a mechanical contrivance than is anything else you carry on your person for the purpose of a hike. The key words there are “carry” and “purpose”.
[...]

The only arguments that are circular are your own self-serving
ones for doing what you want to do regardless of how it affects anyone else. But
like all liberals, you know only your own justifications in your limited skewed
view of the world.

I sought an accommodation and suggested some approaches to compromise. If I were purely self-serving why would I bother ?

The only accommodation he needs is of the extremely secure kind, with

no metal cutlery.
If he keeps up his ranting he may get it, too.
Although maybe they get internet access and he already has?

And this boob complains about my logic and wants to kill file others. I suggest he kill file himself since he brings absolutely nothing to the discussion but a childish bile. I am very good at that too, but with me it is a put on and with him it is genuine.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great