Old June 18th 16, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
news16

Default John B.(Bull****ter)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 07:18:08 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 15:02:18 -0000 (UTC), news16
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:59:57 +0700, John B. wrote:

Lol, when he was riding, there were no roads. It was all trails.

What, not even any carriage roads?

Correct. Roads come after bicycle riders put out guides so car drivers
would feel safe following the trails.

Actually, I believe that the Romans built roads, and they certainly
had two wheeled vehicles. They even built a race track, the "Circus
Maximus", in order to race them.

Not over here. YMMV.

True :-)

And I doubt if those who were "over here" wandered through the woods
contemplating the "forest Primeval" either.

Well, they do have a lot of stories in the "Why it is so" category, but a
lot of them can best be described as "forbidden love" stories.

Anyway, the bicycle was a major factor in the migrant workfore. If you
didn't have one, you didn't get around to get the work. Not too many
people had the resource or income to buy or keep a horse.