Old September 26th 05, 02:07 PM
Kathy

Default Front suspension - effectiveness?

M i c C u l l e n wrote:
G'day all.

As per my other posts, I'm looking to get a bike to ride to work.

I've been told various stories regarding front suspension, the most
believable being that the cheap ones simply add weight, and the more
expensive ones are OK.

Having ridden an Avanti Blade Sport today and suffering this arvo
(possibly) as a result, I'm even more inclined to buy something a bit
softer.

About the most expensive I can run to is an 05 Innova ($700), unless
someone can convince me a Revive or something else is REALLY worth the
extra :-)

Anyway, the question is - for street riding, almost all on bitumen, is it
worth getting a bike with suspension of the quality level of the Innova,
which runs a "SR Suntour Magnesium 1 1/8th ahead" fork, or is that just
kidding myself?

TIA.

For street riding it aint worth having suspension at all in my opinion.

Dave