Old November 26th 15, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New Skyscrapers To Be Linked By Stunning 65-Metre High CycleBridge

On 11/25/2015 6:13 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:13:08 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/25/2015 6:25 AM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:29:31 +1000, James
wrote:

I commented on the design of a separated lane proposal for a street in
Melbourne. I said the protected lane should continue to a busy
intersection, and a separate green phase for bicycles needed to be
added, so that cyclists were safe from left hooks and the charge of the
light brigade of motorists. The suggestion was squashed with claims of
reduced motor traffic throughput. In other areas there are cries from
shop owners if you want to remove street parking to make way for a cycle
lane. It's all about the car!

Well yes. It is called "democracy" I think. You know, that silly
scheme where the majority get to make the decisions?

Any democracy needs provisions to guarantee that the rights of
minorities are not taken away by the majority.

What rights are those? The right to smoke dope? Or the right that
although we can't afford it we have the right to a mortgage for a big
fancy home? Or the one that says we don't have to obey traffic laws if
we don't want to?

I was thinking about the right to use a public road. Even if you're not
using the fastest vehicle on that road.

--
- Frank Krygowski