Old May 16th 06, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Lights without batteries?

Steve Watkin wrote:
Any one got any knowledge of these?
http://www.goodbyebatteries.com/

They look too good to be true, and if they look like that they normally
are!!

SW

Well, I recently acquired a bikelight disk as part of an ebay bike
purchase, and it works very well indeed. It is now on the KMX, and I
have to say, at night the thing looks fantastic. (I don't think it is a
great rear light, but the looks :-)

http://users.pandora.be/seatventilat...ight/EWat.html

The proposed lights run on the same principle, and I would say why not.
For the rear, they must be a reasonable proposition. I think I'll get a
pair for the kids bikes. Maintence free and bolt on axles. Can't see
the problem. Bound to be more efficient that the pedals with built in
LEDs.

They will be a little low for the front. Bear that in mind, you will
want another light at handlebar height. Neither will they illuminate
the road to any great extent.

Of course a SON is a better proposition, more light, smoother
etc...etc..., but if you don't like the cost, just want something to be
seen by, then I see no issues other than build quality (which I can't
comment on). If you don't like the daytime resistence, disconnect the
magnets!

regards,
Daren
--