Old August 5th 03, 05:16 PM
Peter

Default flat bar bike and road bike

Hi Brian. This may sound corny but it works great for me. I put aero
bars on my mtb I use for road riding. They're great for relaxed
riding, riding into the wind or downhill. The difference is
phenomenal. I've seen a few other riders do the same thing. Hope this
helps. Peter.

"Z" wrote in message ...
"moon" wrote in message
i am looking at a fuji shiloette and a ibex corrida flat bar bike.

they are both 27 speeds and have 700c x 26 tires.

even v-brakes, are they really road bikes or just a mtn bike with road

bike
drive train and no suspension system

i have a hardtail mtn bike now, was interested in road riding, but i

don't
know if i can handle the position

thanks

FWIW
I have a Specialized Sirrus Comp, which is a flat bar model. I love it.
Super light, nice ride, but more upright than typical road bars...much
easier on the back...much slower on the downhills though...I always feel
like I want to bend forward to reduce the wind.

Brian