Old October 13th 03, 04:02 PM
brian.slater

Default cutting new threads on hub

U-Turn wrote:
*Try using a triangular needle file to clean up the existing threads.
That's what I do with the threads on bolts that I have shortened.*

There is a special file that is made to dress damaged threads, It has a
different number of threads per inch on each side with four sides and
some are different on each end for eight sets of threads per inch.

One of the reasons you use this file is that a triangular file has the
wrong angle for the threads. However, it's actually better to use a
flat file to dress the ends, the technique is different.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902