Old October 1st 03, 12:07 PM
Hriv

Default Taking photos while riding.

Small cameras are not all the same. I use a Cannon S30. It’s very responsive
and the delay is less then 1 second. The terrain can be not smooth but it
should not be very bumpy. When it gets to bumpy I drop the camera. Taking
photos in motion allows taking close ups of my buddies while ridding side by
side with them. The relative speed of me to the photo object is very slow.
This is why the objects are usually not blurry. The background can be blurry
but at high shutter speeds and good angles of photography the background is
also sharp.
Most of the pictures I take are after stopping, setting the camera correctly
and composing the photos in the optimal way, but the ones that are fun to
take are those catching buddies while ridding next to them. Try it, its very
rewarding.

"Sir Ride-A-Lot @careercenter.com" Sir.Ride-a-LotNOSPAM wrote in message
We're talking still pictures here, right? Going 10-20 MPH on bumpy

terrain
and taking digital photos with a compact camera? Are your pictures even
clear? Given the 1-2 second shutter delay that the small cameras have and
shooting with auto speed, you would either miss the picture you are trying
to take or it would be blurry. Wouldn't it be better to just stop for a

few
seconds, snap the photo, and carry on?

==[Sir]==