Old August 6th 04, 10:22 PM
Leo Lichtman

Default New Bike, Reputable LBS, So what is the Problem?

"tcmedara" wroteclip) At the very least, you should talk to the
manager/owner. If that doesn't work, then spend your cycling $$ elsewhere.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree completely with Tom's advice. $2500 for a bicycle should buy you
more than a hasty "shuffle." When you talk to the manager, I would take the
attitude that one or more of his employees may be driving away customers,
and he needs to be aware of it. He should also be aware that he may be
driving away a new customer who WANTS to continue to help him keep his store
profitable. From all your comments, you are not short of money, and not
stingy, and you are not a pain in the ass.

He also needs to know that he may be employing one or more incompetent
mechanics. When the customer understands more about the problem than the
mechanic does, something is wrong. A good mechanic will home in on a
problem--he/she will be irresistably attracted to it, and WANT to fix it.
The incompetent will do what his mechanic did.