Old October 22nd 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
joe

Default Garmin Edge 305 shutting down

Woland99 wrote:

I have a problem with my Edge 305 - it shuts down at a random basis
during
rides - altho it most often happens during fast descent. It also
stops the timer
when you do hard stop - eg. if stoplights caught you by surprise -
and it does
not restart it. It is very annoying especially if you try to beat
your previous best
time and suddenly you realize that timer is stopped or unit is off.
Are those common problems with Edge 305?
Is 705 any better in that respect?
(I bought 305 at REI so I can always return it and swap for sth else
- eg. 705).

TIA for any info/pointers,

JT

This is not an unknown problem with the 305. I think the issue is the
spring contacts between the battery and the main circuit board. If I
were you, I would exchange it at REI if they will take it back. If
not, contact Garmin support and they will replace it.

As an aside, there is a lot of information about the Garmin Edge XXX
computers on the forums at forums.motionbased.com