Old October 11th 11, 05:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

Default dunlop

Phil H wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:15 am, "tomasso" wrote:

His comment is that a council would probably not take a chained up bike unless
there was some sign of abandonment and that being chained up would
probably be taken as a sign of ownership.

That just makes me wonder what constitutes a "sign of abandonment".
I've seen bikes this bad:

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2011/05...-Felder-11.jpg

I'd say that was abandoned, but the Kryptonite lock might be a challenge
for the council.

Secondly unless it was brought to the council's attention they would probably
not do anything. Similar situation for abandoned cars.

Fair enough, I suppose, although I think if a car is parked illegally
they might move a bit faster. I know that when backpackers dump their
cars around Ultimo, they seem to acquire a "move this or get towed"
sticker fairly quickly. However, this is no doubt Sydney Council
looking to maintain its parking revenue.

I think it might be my next door neighbour ringing up council. Parking is
tight around here (and the neighbour has a garage)...

T.