Old August 10th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition Bicycle Summit and the Failureof Vehicular Cycling.

On 2017-08-09 19:21, sms wrote:
On 8/9/2017 2:31 PM, Joerg wrote:

Sorry but that is not correct. I grew up and lived in Europe for
decades and rode more than 100k miles there on bicycles. Riding lane
center is not at all customary there and would quickly result in a
citation and fine.

But if you're a tourist they just ignore you, and assume that you don't
know the law.

Sometimes.

In the UK you can take the lane when necessary, other times you can't.

That's how it is in most countries. Meaning if you are out there on a
rural road riding lane center you can be ticketed. Or get killed.

Are you saying it's different in other European countries? No one said
that it's customary to ride lane center, you only do it when there is no
other option.

Frank said in another post yesterday in this thread "My wife and I and
the other dozen or so people on the ride were almost always near lane
center".

Not the words "almost always". Today he wrote, quote " My wife and I
rode lane center there whenever it was necessary or desirable".

I don't know what to believe of his writing. Do you?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/