Old July 14th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mark Cleary

Default Mercier Bikes opinion newbie

I am runner who does bike once in awhile and I need an entry level road
bike. I seem to find the best deal on a Mercier bike from bikesdirect. I
can put the thing together I have the tools and reasonable skills but
how does this bike size up. I know the fit it need at 6"2 I got the 60cm
frame and the only experience I have in the past is with a Schwinn
Traveler I bought 12 years ago and road it for a few years and liked it
alot. My son took it and destroyed by poor handling but it was a decent
bike I did not need the best. I compared the Mercier with a Schwinn
Circuit and Schwinn fastback and this bike seemed a better deal. I all
take any opinions and advice.

Mark Cleary plays Hollenbeck Jazz Guitars
Handmade http://hollenbeckguitar.com/