Old March 3rd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,misc.legal,nyc.bicycles
Bill Baka

Default logistics associated with starting a new riding group?

Prisoner at War wrote:
On Feb 28, 3:16 pm, Bill Baka wrote:

I do support the NRA, but not hunting. If Bush had his way (I'm taking a
long shot here) he might ban any and all people outside of government
having guns. That would signal the beginning of an Orwellian government.

I'm no hunter myself, but I don't see anything wrong with it right now
as it's being regulated. After all, the population needs to be kept
down, no?

People do, especially some of gun toting red necks. The huntees are only
getting out of control because people keep moving into their place and
bitching about the mountain lion who has liver there all his life.

I'd be surprised at Bush going against the NRA, despite his fascist
tendencies. Between them and the American Taliban -- a.k.a. X-tian
fundies -- that's the Repug party right there! Oh, okay, Log Cabin
repugs, too, out and not.

Bush might try something since he can't be un-elected at this point and
he knows it. It should be obvious that he can't just turn over the job
to Cheney. Nixon quit and we got Ford, which wasn't that bad a compromise.

I hear you there. I mean who would want to trek through Turkey,
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, etc.......?
Those people are the nut jobs to me.
I would much rather prefer falling off a bike doing a stunt than get
shot or beheaded just for being an American.

Ah, well, it seems most of the folks with those really hard third-
world adventures on CGOAB are European, and Continentals at that.

I wish I were a tougher guy. But I can't imagine being in the middle
of nowhere, totally depending on the kindness of strangers as well as
my own wits. NY muggers are scary enough. I don't need some bored
Mongolian teens on horseback harassing my tent at night (as related in
Cope & Hatherly's "Off the Rails").

Bill Baka

I don't know how 'tough' you would have to be to bounce bullets off your
chest, but I can tell that anyone who actually wants to trek through a
hostile zone isn't quite all there.
Bill Baka