Old March 10th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,misc.legal,nyc.bicycles
Prisoner at War

Default logistics associated with starting a new riding group?

On Mar 3, 12:00 pm, Bill Baka wrote:

People do, especially some of gun toting red necks. The huntees are only
getting out of control because people keep moving into their place and
bitching about the mountain lion who has liver there all his life.

I definitely agree with you about human overpopulation.

Bush might try something since he can't be un-elected at this point and
he knows it. It should be obvious that he can't just turn over the job
to Cheney. Nixon quit and we got Ford, which wasn't that bad a compromise.

I doubt he'd want to expend any political capital he has left on an
effort that, even if successful -- which is extremely unlikely -- will
only be overturned soon enough.

I don't know how 'tough' you would have to be to bounce bullets off your
chest, but I can tell that anyone who actually wants to trek through a
hostile zone isn't quite all there.

But, of course, that depends on what you mean by "hostile zone." Some
folks think New York north, south, east, or west of certain points
after sunset is hostile.

I had a coworker who saw the Bamiyan Buddhas of Afghanistan when he
was a college guy back in the late '70s. This was when the country
was heading fast towards collapse. I envy him his memories of these
now-shattered relics.

Bill Baka