Old October 4th 11, 06:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Phil H[_2_]

Default E Bikes

On Sep 30, 4:31*pm, Rob wrote:

Do they or can they reverse the flow when going downhill to recharge the
battery? Like the electric trains up and down the Blue Mountains putting
power back into the grid?

Regenerative braking is a fairly common feature on electric bike motor
controllers, or it was last time I looked. However, I think it's more
of a feel-good thing than a practical feature; the cumulative
inefficiencies involved mean that of the energy that goes into getting
the bike moving, only a very small proportion ends up back in the
battery.

-- Phil