Old November 2nd 04, 12:31 AM
Matt O'Toole

pam_in_sc wrote:

I'm in western South Carolina, so I shouldn't complain about weather.
But today (fall break!) I went out about an hour later than I intended
because of thick fog, and still had almost an hour and a half riding
in the fog before it cleared. It wasn't that wet--the road was dry.
But I had water droplets constantly collecting on my glasses, and I
hated stopping and wiping them on my jersey tail. I'm very
nearsighted, so doing without the glasses isn't an option. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Contact lenses! Or LASIK! When your glasses are so covered you can't see
through them, taking them off is the only solution. However, it has to be
really wet for this to happen.

Is there any kind of absorbant cloth
that I could wipe the outside surface of my glasses with as I ride
that would improve my vision rather than make it worse?

Anti-fog wipes are available, so you might try those. Ask your optometrist.

Matt O.