Old April 24th 04, 10:57 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Head Injuries. Am I right, or have I suffered a few too many

On 24 Apr 2004 21:25:33 GMT, Mark Thompson
wrote in message
57:

A) Is there a flaw in my logic?

No, there is a large heap of flaws in Henderson's ;-)

B) Is the 5% figure valid for UK hospitals?

90,210 admissions
5,804 cyclist admissions
2,183 cyclist head injury admissions
Under 400 known serious cycling head injuries
Unknown number of the above to areas covered by the helmet, studies
suggest around half.

According to the Government's figures around one in ten of these
serious injuries might be preventable by a helmet.

I wonder what the injury reductions in Hull's home zones have been
like?

--
Guy
===