Old March 30th 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default Frame design influenced by riding positon?

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:44:52 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:14:03 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Read somewhere recently that riding upright is more efficient than riding bent over but riding bent over is better in the wind or at speeds where perceived wind is a factor due to the force exerted upon a less aerodynamic upright riding position. That got me to wondering. Are bicycle frame designs influenced much by the intended riding position?

Cheers

Addendum.

I was interested in bicycle design and the technical aspects of it when designing for drop bars, or upright riding positions. Things such as slacker angkles mentioned by anothr poster or if frames are longer etcetera.

Cheers

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

good question....riding upright where place hands for linking abdomen to thighs n glutes ? APE HANGERS !