Old July 27th 16, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Cycling in Toronto

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 8:04:04 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
An interesting study has made the news. Street car tracks are a factor.
http://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral...889-016-3242-3

The methodology looks to be humanities-based and less than scientific.

Okay, let the RBT critique of the study begin!
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

If you ride where there are lots or streetcar/tram tracks then you NEED to learn how/when to lift your front wheel overthem. I rode over 33 years in Toronto and never had problems with the tracks even at big track intersections such as Roncesvale/Queen.King; Broadview/Dundas or Broadview/Gerrard. Like I said the trick is to lift your front wheel over the tracks. Btw, I rode all year long there.

Cheers