Old July 25th 05, 01:33 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

threefire wrote:
You must be joking. You think economically sanctioning a country will
help improve its human rights? You think the ruler rather than the
regular people are going to suffer more from a poor economy? The
"enemy" thing is nothing more than a fear out of ignorance. When was
the last time China was of any real and actual threat to the US?

Try this on. It is an obvious and well published fact that the Chinese
are building their military for a future invasion of Tiawan, no doubt
about it. When they do, then it will be interesting to see what the US
and others, like Japan, who will also be threatened, will do. Is China
a threat to attack the US? Of course not, not any more than the former
Soviet Union was. But USSR was a threat to the economic center of
Europe and China is a threat to the economic strength of Asia, and
hence a threat to Europe and the US. To ignore this is foolhardy.

How
many of the claims you made were from first hand experience instead of
politically motivated propaganda (you believe everything said on TV?
they also say you can lose 70 pounds in a month on TV)? The human
rights violation theory is way overrated. It's in many people's
interests to exaggerate these things.

Besides, half of the goods sold in this country are made in China. You
better stop buying anything now.

Gooserider wrote:
Airborne is fine, if you don't mind buying a Chinese bicycle. I don't
support communist dictatorships. I own three Taiwanese bikes, and an
American bike. The American bike is head and shoulders above the
Taiwanese quality wise, but it was far more expensive, too. I wouldn't
buy the Airborne, but that's purely on an ethical level. I'm sure the
quality is fine.

I don't mind buying Chinese bikes, I have three of them from this
manufacturer. Whether a dictatorship is communist or capitalist is all the
same to me.
My titanium mountain bike has taken a pounding and is still going strong.

The problem with buying Chinese goods is the very real possibility that
doing so supports our enemy.War with China over Taiwan is not out of the
question. The Chinese have a horrible human rights record, you know. People
there are routinely put in re-education camps, undergo forced sterilization,
are placed in forced labor camps, and face other such horrible acts. Every
dollar you spend on Chinese goods goes to strengthen them both economically
and militarily. I would no more buy Chinese goods than I would buy conflict
diamonds.