Old May 15th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Default three's company? or 8 is enough?

recycled wrote:

wrote in message
On May 14, 4:35 pm, "recycled" wrote:
I'm wondering if I have a problem and I need a 12 step program.

Being springtime a man's fancy turns to new bicycles. But what one
person
really needs three bikes?

My oldest at 12 years is a hardtail mountain bike at the point of being
relegated to winter/utility status. My other is a full suspension
X-country
MB just 6 years old.

I'm looking at a cylco cross for a higher gear ratio and something that
would give me more bang for putting on road kilometers.

So is there a Bicyclist's Anonymous program or do I go for it?

Save yourself a step or two and get an actual road bike.

I've thought about it. I'm still not sold on it though. I want a little
more ruggedness than they seem to possess.

Well, sounds like you are just going to have to make a call and live
with it.