Old September 4th 08, 01:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default Mountain Bikers bacame a little more environmentally friendly

On Sep 2, 8:16*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:49:07 -0700, "caveat"
wrote:

Mike, I was out with the family today riding some mountain bikes, well, we
actually did more hiking than biking.
We stopped to view different animals, birds and plants and take pictures,
LOTs of pictures.
It was at Diamond Point in Arizona. An easy to slightly moderate trail for
kids.
The kids had fun ridding/hiking and identifying those said plants and
animals, we even had a close encounter with a rattle snake.
To my surprise, when we emptied our packs back at home I found that the kids
were actually picking up some of the trash that they found on the trails..
It makes me proud to know that the kids are taking an active interest in
helping to maintain the environment and learning to respect nature.

Good. But too bad that you are teaching them that the rough treatment
of nature is okay. That is what mountain biking is!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFKBlj8VqQ Are these guys friends
of yours? You admitted being a MTBer.