Old September 4th 05, 09:09 AM
David Martin

Default I went to the dump..

chris French wrote:
In message , Theo Markettos
writes
What are Weber
hitches like in practice?

Excellent. I have it on my kiddie trailer.

There is a fairly small bit attached to the bike - with a simple
universal joint and the 'female' part of the hitch.

To hitch up all you have to do is push a button on the trailer part of
the hitch, twist, push the two parts together, twist back to latch. It
is quick, easy and very secure, There is an inbuilt key operate lock if
you wish to use it.

Never seen them on sale separately though (only the bike mounted bit)
. Where did yours' come from David

I emailed weber who were very helpful. They will either sell you them
direct but that requires som palaver with international fund transfer,
or through Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative.

They emailed EBC and told them they were adding my hitch to the EBC
order. EBC then forwarded it on to me.

You have to be careful to get the right hitch size. It fits over a
round tube, so I used a bit of 1" steerer from an old pair of forks.
The machining on the hitch wasn't the best I have seen and it took a
little bit of work with an abrasive stone on a drill to get the hole to
the right size.

...d