Old February 10th 20, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Dogs

One of the comments on today's Dogs of C Kennel
https://www.gocomics.com/dogsofckennel/2020/02/09
reminded me of the time I was riding on a back road in Upstate New
York, and a dog came out of a yard, but instead of attacking, fell in
behind me and followed along as if he were my dog. It was
embarrassing at first, because he had no manners and I had no way to
tell passing drivers that I wasn't responsible for his behavior.

Then I came to the next house with a neglected dog, and instead of
attacking me, the critter enjoyed a dog fight with my unwanted
companion until I got too far away and companion broke off to catch up
with me. I forget how many dogs he distracted.

For a while, I worried about tolling him too far from his home, then I
started wondering what I would do with him when I got home.

By great good fortune, before I got to a main road where his lack of
manners could have gotten him killed, I passed a lawn where several
children were playing. An old lady on a bike couldn't compete with
that, and I left him behind.

I hope he found his way home after the children were called in for
supper.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net