Old July 29th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default TdF and recumbents

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:40:48 +0100, Peter Clinch

Not arguing, just curious--is there an explanation for why can you
"honk" on a normal upright, but not on a Moulton, or is it just an
observation?

You /can/ "dance on the pedals" but the suspension forks will bounce,
wasting a lot of your energy. The only time I've ridden a Moulton is
since I took to spinning anyway, but a recentish test of the AM Vitesse
in "Cycle" (CTC magazine) confirmed they're not really very good ridden
hard out of the saddle. Which wouldn't bother me now, but would have
annoyed me enormously 15 years ago!

Pete.

Dear Peter,

Thanks--I forgot about the Moulton fore and aft suspension.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel