Old July 29th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Carl Sundquist

Default TdF and recumbents

"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message

What is the _unfaired_ recumbent hour record?

I think it was 29.76 Miles, i saw a youtube of it today.
Which seems a little slower than the UCI hour record, but
maybe that is because the rider is not the same?

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. I'd say that the unfaired recumbent hour
record is pretty darn remarkable. Did any noteworthy rider do it?

I dont know, look him up

I looked on the IHPVA site before I asked the question. The only
(recognized) hour record that looks to possibly be an unfaired recumbent was
set in 1938 at 31.4 mph. Quite a remarkable time if that was the case. Help
me out here a little bit.