Old July 29th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Carl Sundquist

Default TdF and recumbents

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Carl Sundquist wrote:

There is no recumbent that is 20% faster than an upright on the flats
everything else being equal.

Now _that's_ mixing apples and oranges.

What is the _unfaired_ recumbent hour record?

Who cares? The above point was "no recumbent", no distinction about
fairings or otherwise, simply *no* recumbent and a flat course
specified. And of course faired uprights are welcome to take part in
IHPVA records but nobody sees much point. I guess because they're not
so quick...

If you can specify a flat course, I can specify unfaired recumbents.