Old July 30th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Default TdF and recumbents

Peter Clinch wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
"Peter Clinch" wrote in message

However, if he bothered to look at the UCI hour record and the IHPVA
hour record he'd find a lot more than 20% difference.

If you'd like to get one of the recumbent hour record bikes and race me
on my upright over a course of my choosing you could certainly
demonstrate that 20% difference.

OTOH, why don't you look at the end to end record in the UK, over 800
miles on real roads. The record is held on a faired recumbent, the
holder beat his own upright record by almost 10%. certainly a useful
margin.

The operative word though is FAIRED, so we are comparing apples and
oranges here.

But Ed's point was under any circumstances, not just of your choosing.
And, as he so often is, he was wrong.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK