Old August 4th 08, 05:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default R.I.P Usenet: 1980-2008 by Sascha Segan of PC Magazine 07.31.08

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 6:45 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 3, 7:09 am, Denizen wrote:

On Aug 2, 10:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote: explain what
binaries are.

It's like counting with two fingers: zero, one, two.
Yeah well kinda but there aer 8 bits to a byte and the position of the

one or zero in the 8 bit string is significant, but this has nothing
to do with what alt.binaries is about and if Dolan wnt to know more
than what Tom Sherman has already conveyed, he'll not be gettin' it
from me.

Tom Sherman told me what I wanted to know. He has brains enough not to get
too technical with someone like me who has contempt for technicians like
JimmyMac. Never tell anyone more than he wants to know. We librarians are
good at this too.

You didn't seem to have contempt for the technician (me) when my

skills were required to rid you of a computer virus. I didn't bother
to enlighten you because 1) I felt that you should make an effort to
learn something on your own, and 2) because I assumed that the know
it all already knows it all.

JimmyMac can be very helpful when he wants to be, of that there can be no
doubt. And he is quite right of course about me knowing how to look up
anything. That is something librarians are trained to do. However, I am lazy
(slothful) and am loath to look up anything anymore. Tom Sherman understands
this. JimmyMac doesn't.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka