Old May 12th 09, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pk

Default Unfair traffic lights.

"Ian Smith" wrote in message
. ..

It does not STATE as Simon claims - that is his interpretation of the
rule

OK, what do you think 'STATE' means, then? My highway code does
state (ie, express in words) just that.

would you care to point out the bit of the highway code that STATES as Simon
claims he

"Still, the Highway Code states that I can ride through a red
light legally if my bike is not picked up by the sensors"

There are bits that might be interpreted that way or may be thought to imply
that or from which it may be inferred, but nowhere does it STATE as claimed.

this is not a matter of opinion, but of objective fact.

pk