Old May 29th 04, 07:52 PM
R15757

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

Roger Zoul wrote in part:

I bought this bike in September 2003. I only had 200 miles or so up until
April 17. Since then, I've put on 600 miles. My wheel is a Specialized
"Rolf design 700c twin spoke design high performance wheel set", whatever
that means.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...sionIdroot=2a2
0htsnk7.j27002

My tendency is to blame it on my weight -- I'm 235 to 240 or so.

Peter C. or one of the other wheel gurus on .tech
would be of more help, but IMHO it sounds like the Rolf is not going to be
enough wheel for you. You might need something more conventional (like Mavic
Open Pro, Ultegra hub, 36 spokes) to get you home consistently on wheels rather
than on foot. It might also be the case that a bigger tire (28c) could solve
the problem. 28c's can be hard to find these days. The good news is if you
decide you need to ditch the Rolfs they will be worth something, or you could
keep 'em for races and such. Good luck.

Any other big guys on this NG ride Rolfs?

Robert