Old May 29th 04, 10:14 PM
Denver C. Fox

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

In the meantime you just have to *concentrate* on unclipping
anytime you think there's a remote possibility you have to stop.

Ditto to that!

I probably unclip more than all the rest of you combined! Anytime I sense
danger, out comes that (for me) right foot.

Those inadvertent clip-ins when you think you are clipped out really sneak up
on you! We've all done that.

Also, I don't clip that right foot back in until I am positively underway. I
get pretty good at pedaling at least one stroke unclipped with my right foot.

I probably overdo precautionary things, but I haven't fallen since the two
falls I took within the first month, 5 1/2 years ago. And, I do have to be
just a bit careful - at my age, things seem to get out of whack just a bit
easier - particularly prone to acute bursitis in the left hip, which hurts like
H*** and can be aggravated by falling.

You WILL get better. That falling motivates you real well!

Good luck

http://members.aol.com/foxcondorsrvtns
(Colorado rental condo)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox