Old May 29th 04, 10:39 PM
Roger Zoul

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

R15757 wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote in part:
::
:: I bought this bike in September 2003. I only had 200 miles or so
:: up until April 17. Since then, I've put on 600 miles. My wheel is a
:: Specialized "Rolf design 700c twin spoke design high performance
:: wheel set", whatever
:: that means.
::
::
http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...sionIdroot=2a2
:: 0htsnk7.j27002
::
:: My tendency is to blame it on my weight -- I'm 235 to 240 or so.
::
:: Peter C. or one of the other wheel gurus on .tech
:: would be of more help, but IMHO it sounds like the Rolf is not going
:: to be enough wheel for you. You might need something more
:: conventional (like Mavic Open Pro, Ultegra hub, 36 spokes) to get
:: you home consistently on wheels rather than on foot. It might also
:: be the case that a bigger tire (28c) could solve the problem. 28c's
:: can be hard to find these days. The good news is if you decide you
:: need to ditch the Rolfs they will be worth something, or you could
:: keep 'em for races and such. Good luck.
::
:: Any other big guys on this NG ride Rolfs?

So Rolfs have a rep for racing, I take it...so going to a new wheel means
replacing the hub too, right? Geez...that sucks since I got this bike in
September. Obviously, having to hoof it home ain't gonna work....and I do
intend to keep riding...will a 28c tire fit on my curent wheels?

I post over in .tech, too. Thanks.